Connex - Birmingham
SEMH 1-1 TA
Handsworth, West Midlands
£65-85 daily rate
Are you looking for a new, exciting challenging role?
Are you able to support, guide and nurture pupils on a 1-1 basis?
If you answered yes, this role could be perfect for you.
Connex education is looking for an experienced Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH) Teaching Assistant (TA) to work one to one with student within KS4 in a prestigious school in Handsworth (20). This role is long term and full time, Monday- Friday 8:30 – 3:30pm, so commitment is essential.
Within this role you will teaching and supporting the student with lesson tasks/activities, managing their behaviour, and liaising with the class teacher and other members of staff around progress of the pupil.
It is essential that you are committed to ensuring the student is focused and engaged in their learning. This may involve you using your initiative to adapt the plan of your day to fit with the child’s needs.
We believe Teaching is not just about curriculum, it is ensuring the overall school journey provides pupils with guidance, support, and the opportunity to grow as individuals.
- Soft, gentle but must also be firm and friendly
- Passion for supporting, guiding, and inspiring children within the classroom
- Sensitivity and understanding, to help build good relationships with pupils
- A commitment to getting the best outcomes for all pupils and promoting the ethos and values of the school
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Commitment to safeguarding pupil’s wellbeing and equality
Summary of essential requirements:
- Knowledge and awareness of working with pupils with SEMH
- Use effective behaviour management strategies consistently in line with the school’s policy and procedures
- Team Teach and restraint training
- Organise and manage teaching space and resources to help maintain a stimulating and safe learning environment
- Communicate effectively with other staff members and pupils, and with parents and carers under the direction of the SENCO
- Relevant qualifications e.g., Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Enhanced DBS on the Update service or willing to get a new one
Prior to appointment, a classroom trial will be required. Because of this we will need to ensure we have full vetting and compliance checks in line with Safer Recruitment in Education
Why work with Connex?
- Promotional pathway- Level 2, 3 & HLTA.
- Competitive weekly pay (PAYE)
- A personal educational consultant to support your career goals
- Flexible working hours
- AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations)- full compliance to offer you the pay/ conditions you are entitled to
- £200 refer a friend bonus scheme
- In house, FREE CPD accredited courses such as SEND awareness
If you think this opportunity is right for you or you would like to discuss our roles further, please get in touch or send your CV to email@example.com or call me on 0121 4564040. I look forward to hearing from you!