Connex - Warrington
Connex are currently in partnership with a Cheshire secondary school located in Northwich that is now looking to appoint an enthusiastic Design and Technology Teacher.
This is a full time long term role which commences after the February half-term break; however this opportunity does have the strong possibility of becoming extended into the summer term dependent on the schools future requirements.
The Design and Technology Teacher will be required to teach Product Design to both Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5 students (GCSE & A-Level). You must be able to operate machinery in the DT workshop.
The school is ‘Good’ Ofsted rated is a central feature of its local community.
Whether you have years of experience behind you, or you are at the beginning stages of your teaching career, this rewarding roles offers an excellent setting to teach!
- Have UK Qualified Teaching Status (QTS). Applications are welcome from all Design and Technology Teachers at any stage of their career, and Early Career Teachers (ECTs) & Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) are encouraged to apply.
- Hold a relevant Design and Technology qualification (PGCE, B. Ed or BA Hons), alongside QTS.
- Have strong subject knowledge of Product Design and strong behaviour and classroom management.
- To have the ability to teach and inspire positive learning attitudes.
- Be able to adapt quickly within a new school environment and to be a good team player with fellow staff.
- Hold a current Enhanced DBS that is registered with the Update Service, or to be prepared to apply for a new Enhanced DBS with ourselves.
Please be aware for this particular long-term role you will be paid according to your teacher pay grade.
As a Connex Design and Technology Teacher you will have a dedicated consultant who will support you with your career and who will give you access to a variety of flexible opportunities, all at great rates of pay!