Connex - Manchester
Drama Teacher (KS3/KS4)
12-Month Maternity Cover – Wythenshawe based Secondary School – Full-Time (term time only)
QTS Teachers – £30000 – £46000
Non QTS Teacher – £20000 – £32000
About Connex Education;
Connex Education are a well established recruitment organisation who have been supporting schools for more than 22 years in their search for committed and outstanding employees. Connex Education has thousands of loyal schools, academies, nurseries and special education centres who use us weekly, many of them on an exclusive basis (so you won’t find their vacancies anywhere else). We have terrific consultants, who listen to you. They find out what you are looking for and match you not only with the right work but also the right setting and for either day-to-day supply or long-term roles.
About this particular role;
Connex Education are working with a Secondary School who are based in Wythenshawe in Greater Manchester. They’re a vibrant and inclusive school who are looking for a Drama Teacher to commence with them this Mid-February to cover a 12-month Maternity Contract which will be paid on a supply basis.
This is an opportunity to work within a vibrant, up-and-coming school in the Wythenshawe area who prioritises the well-being of its staff. They’re a ‘Good’ Ofsted rated School as of 2022 and have an excellent onsite SEND provision to support. They start form at 8.40am and finish at 3.10pm Monday – Friday.
We are looking for a teacher who would be able to support our drive to raise attainments and standards in Performing Arts. Some experience of leadership would be desirable and if you have any Music delivery experience please do let us know.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a degree qualified specialist of Drama, Performing Arts and/or Music with British curriculum teaching experience
- Be someone with drive and ambition who will challenge, inspire and motivate our students. You will be a highly dynamic individual who consistently delivers innovative teaching and, where possible, has a proven track record of outstanding progress in external examinations
- Be enthusiastic and motivated with a passion for your subject and an ability to inspire students
- Be committed to delivering high standards of teaching and learning
- Be open to new ideas, committed to working as part of a team, flexible and of course have a good sense of humour.
- Have strong moral and ethical principles and values
- Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations
- Act with the utmost integrity at all times.
In this role you will obtain;
- Work with a highly reputable, experienced and supportive agency who are very busy across the Greater Manchester region
- A one-to-one consultant relationship to manage all your Connex work life
- Access to accredited CPD courses worth over £1000 via Connex Academy
- Career development and permanent teaching opportunities
- An excellent service, which includes regular contact as the norm
- Professionally-written and presented personal profiles to introduce you to local schools
- A wide range of education settings to choose from
- Work to suit your needs and wishes
- Online timesheets
- PAYE payroll – So none of those payroll fee’s that are so common with other agencies
- An online portal & easy-to-use app so you can sort your work life on-the-go
- Loads of opportunities to broaden your experience
Successful candidates will be required to conduct an interview and complete a vetting process which includes an Enhanced Child Workforce DBS, if you do not have one, you can get one through Connex Education at the cost of £45.
If you’re able to support this school with their Drama Teacher vacancy, please apply or get in touch with our Manchester team on 0161 518 9000 to discuss this role more.