Connex - Derby
Connex Education Partnership is seeking a Teaching Assistant to work part-time within Primary schools in the Burton upon Trent area. This role is suitable for anybody who is kind, supportive, and has a passion for learning with the commitment to making a positive impact on the educational and social development of children.
Our agency is completely flexible to your needs, so you can choose to work either part-time or full-time, in immediate day-to-day positions or long-term roles beginning as soon as possible. We have a number of roles available in positions within EYFS, KS1 and KS2 to suit your preferences.
Teaching assistants play a critical role in managing pupil behaviour and you will be working with small groups or in one-to-one sessions with individual pupils. The ability to build positive relationships with children is a requirement of the role, and you should be adaptable and versatile to the needs of the students in order to best support them in their educational journey.
For this role, it is essential that you also have the following:
- At least 3 months’ recent classroom experience in EYFS, KS1 or KS2, relevant to your preferred age range
- The ability to work under guidance of the class teacher but also to your own initiative
- A commitment to supporting all children to reach their full potential
- Knowledge of SEND, or experience working with SEND children
- A willingness to undertake additional training and CPD
- A DBS on the update service, or the willingness to apply for a new one
- 2 professional references.
In return, Connex Education will offer you:
- Access our online training platform Thirsty Scholars, with over 80 free courses
- Weekly pay at a competitive rate and dependent on experience, via PAYE
- Refer a friend scheme, at £200 per referral
- A dedicated and experienced education consultant, who will be available to you 24/7
- Interview observation guidance, and help writing a good CV.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com. Please call the office on 01332 913 151 with any questions about the role.