Connex - Central
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and dedicated physics teacher to join the science department at an amazing secondary school in Derby. We are seeking an inspiring and innovative teacher who can make physics come alive for students aged 11-18 years.
As a physics teacher, you will be responsible for planning and delivering engaging and challenging lessons across all key stages. You will teach physics according to the national curriculum, ensuring students have a solid grasp of concepts like motion, energy, electromagnetism, and atomic structure. Your lessons will be tailored to stimulate curiosity and develop critical thinking skills.
In addition to classroom teaching, responsibilities will include:
- Developing schemes of work and lesson plans in line with school policies
- Assessing and monitoring student progress and providing extra support where needed
- Keeping up to date with developments in the physics field and new teaching practices
- Organizing trips, events, and science fairs to further student interest in physics
- Maintaining an inspiring and well-organized learning environment
The ideal candidate will have:
- PGCE in Physics or a related subject
- Experience teaching physics to GCSE/A-level standard
- Excellent subject knowledge and passion for physics
- Strong classroom management and organizational abilities
- Creative flair for engaging young minds and making physics relatable.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0330 390 2006