Connex - Birmingham
- Date Posted: 12th January 2023
- Location: Moseley, B13. Birmingham.
- Salary: £130 to £177 Per Day *paid to scale
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Type: Temporary / Contract / Temporary to Permanent
- Contact: Faye Staunton
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0121 456 4040
Are you a Qualified KS2 Teacher who is looking to expand on your existing skills AND have a better work life balance?
Connex Education Partnership are looking for a Cover/PPA teacher to join one of our schools from January 2023 until the end of the academic year.
The school is based in Moseley, Birmingham (B13) and are currently looking to recruit a teacher to work for 3 days per week (ideally Monday to Wednesday) across KS2.
You will need to have a strong knowledge base of the KS2 curriculum and the ability to adapt tasks and activities to ensure learning is accessible for all students. The role is open to applications from Early Career Teachers (ECTs), however the school does not have the capacity to support induction at this stage.
- Teaching a range of subjects in Key Stage Two
- Follow planning left by the class teacher and be prepared to adapt lesson plans and activities to stretch and challenge children
- Follow the school’s marking and behaviour policy
- Build relationships with the pupils, parents and staff
- Prepare/photocopying resources for lessons – while there will be little to no planning initially, as this is a longer term position there will be elements of adaptation as mentioned
- Attend CPD relevant to the role with other teachers/staff.
- 3 full days per week, long-term role until July 2023 *with scope for 5 days if you would prefer a full time role!
Required skills and experience
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) – ECT’s are welcome to apply!
- Strong subject knowledge
- Flexibility to teach across a range of Primary classes
- Experience as a teacher/cover teacher in KS2
- Able to liaise with and delegate other staff
- A DBS on the update service or willingness to apply for a new one
- Minimum of 2 excellent references required which cover the last 2 years of your work history
Benefits, culture and company information
- Specialist Education Agency offering a personal and friendly approach
- Personal CV writing / amendment service
- Actual salary of £130 and £177 per day – Paid to Scale with AWR at 12 weeks employment
- Dedicated consultant who is committed to your career goals and aspirations
- Flexible Working Options Available
- Free on-going CPD opportunities
- NEST Pension Scheme
- PAYE and Holiday Pay
The teacher role is based at a school in the Moseley area and is easily accessed by car or public transport. There is on-site parking for teachers and support staff aswell as street parking as an over flow. The school would be ideal for those based in the Moseley, Kings Heath, Balsall Heath, Yardley, Acocks Green, Tyseley, Edgbaston, Harborne, Hall Green or wider Birmingham areas if you are willing to commute.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, then please apply now or get in touch with Faye at Connex Education today!