Connex - Manchester
Job Title: Science Technician – Eccles Based-School
Start date: 2nd January 2024
Hours: 35 hours Monday – Friday, Term time + 5 days
Salary: £21,521.88 – £23,019.58
Do you have the drive, passion and commitment to deliver outstanding support? This is an opportunity to join a dedicated team of staff at a thriving Secondary School in Salford-Greater Manchester who are committed to providing the best possible education for our pupils. We are looking for an experienced, friendly and hard-working Science Technician to join this exciting team.
They are looking for:
- An inclusive individual, with high expectations of their students, who is committed to maximising rates of progress and has innovative ideas to support all pupils
- Someone with a sense of humour, who understands the importance of developing a positive culture in our organisation.
- 5 GCSE or equivalent at grade C or above (including English and Maths)
- A background in a Science based subject
- Experience of working with children of a similar age (11-18)
- Knowledge of Safeguarding Policies and Procedures
- Ability to relate well to children and adults.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Working knowledge of national curriculum and other relevant learning programmes.
- Have a technical frame of mind and the ability to resolve technical issues.
- Ability to plan effective actions for pupils at risk of underachieving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Competent use of ICT
- To ensure apparatus, machinery and equipment is maintained and in good working order, repairs if required.
- To prepare lesson resources and take them to laboratories on lesson change.
- Stock control – unpacking, unloading and checking of basic tools and consumable items.
- Assist in the preparation of orders for equipment /materials including contacting suppliers for information and advice.
- Maintenance of faculty stock and inventory records.
- To ensure the appropriate safety standards apply in relation to COSHH regulations (Training provided).
- To service and maintain school notice boards, classroom and corridor displays.
If you feel you share our values, have the vision and drive for excellence and want to be part of an enthusiastic and dedicated team, committed to ensuring that students fulfil their potential, then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate will present the best possible example of professional standards to colleagues.
Successful candidates will be required to conduct an interview and complete a vetting process which includes an Enhanced Child Workforce DBS, if you do not have one, you can get one through Connex Education at the cost of £45.