Connex - London
SEND Teaching Assistant – Barking & Dagenham
£425 Weekly Salary
We are working in partnership with an Ofsted-graded GOOD SEND school in the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham.
This is a school with 150 students, aged 4-16, who have a variety of Special Educational Needs. The school’s vision is to unlock every child’s potential by providing an excellent educational environment which addresses their needs. They aim to provide not just an academic education but a focus on life skills, to assist their students in creating a happy and successful future. This may be the most important job you ever do!
We are looking for someone with experience of working in a similar environment. We will also consider applications from candidates who have transferrable skills from other careers.
Some other characteristics which would be useful for this role:
– Experience of having worked in a health or care setting
– Positive and proactive nature
– Team Teach training
– Experience of Structured Teaching Environments
– Experience of having worked in SEND settings previously
Benefits working with Connex:
- Full, FREE training in safeguarding and other CPD accredited courses
- Grow your own knowledge in a role that varies every day
- An experienced local consultant to provide advice and support
- A weekly PAYE scheme, including employer pension contributions, subject to minimum requirements.
- Invitations to Teacher Socials and events
- Opportunity to secure a permanent contract
As a Teaching Assistant you will possess:
- Experience preferably in a SEND school or similar environment with young people
- Awareness and understanding of useful strategies, such as; language/social skills, emotional well-being and behaviour management.
- Dedication to become part of the school team community
- Have a DBS on the update service or be willing to undertake a new check
If you would like more information, or to discuss the role, please contact our team on 02078462762.
To apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org