Connex - North East
Role – SEN Teaching Assistant
Location – Prescott
Salary – £80.00pd
1 day per week
Start Date/Duration – ASAP
Are you a Health and Social Care professional?
Do you have a passion and flare for providing specialist support and feel confident working with children who have specialist education and social and emotional support needs.
Connex Education are working with a school in Middlesbrough, who are looking for a long-term SEN Teaching Assistant, ideally with experience of working with children from a looked after background.
The role involves building a rapport with the student who may be used to different educational dynamics and is an important part of being a SEN Teaching Assistant.
The school are looking for someone available 1 day per week, who is flexible and reliable with their approach but can also be adaptable.
As a successful Teaching Assistant/Support worker, you will:
- Provide support and Tuition to the student with special education needs/learning difficulties and disabilities within the classroom.
- Encourage learners to excel and reach their full academic potential.
- Awareness and understanding of useful strategies, such as language/social skills, emotional well-being and behaviour management.
- Support learners with their literacy and numeracy development
- Dedication to become part of the school team community.
- Have a DBS on the update service or be willing to undertake a new check.
Benefits working with Connex:
- Full, FREE training in SEN, safeguarding and other CPD accredited courses.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Grow your own knowledge in a role that varies every day.
- An experienced local consultant to provide advice and support.
- A weekly PAYE scheme, including employer pension contributions, subject to minimum requirements.
- Invite to Teacher Socials and events.
- Opportunity to secure a permanent contract.
If you would like more information, or to discuss the role, please contact Michelle on 01642 573 553 and send your CV to email@example.com