Connex - Yorkshire
Are you passionate about providing specialist support and feel confident working with children who have specialist education and emotional needs?
Connex Education are working with a fabulous school in Leeds who are on the looking for a full time SEMH Learning Support Assistant, experienced in working with children with many SEN needs such as: Autism, behavioural issues, cognative, communication, hearing, physical and SEMH.
The role involves working with students within the specialist SEN provision in school. You must be proactive and flexible, have a flare for creativity and enjoy working with and building rapport with students who may be used to different educational dynamics.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8.15am – 3.15pm, starting 20th February and will continue on a long term basis until the end of the academic year.
As a successful SEMH Learning Support Assistant, you will:
- Provide one-to-one support and supervision of students with special education needs/learning difficulties and disabilities within the classroom
- Encourage learners to excel and reach their full academic potential
- Awareness and understanding of useful strategies, such as; language/social skills, emotional well-being and behaviour management.
- Support learners with their literacy and numeracy development
- Dedication to become part of the school team community
- Have a DBS on the update service or be willing to undertake a new check
Benefits working with Connex:
- Full, FREE training in SEN, safeguarding and other CPD accredited courses – Plus a Level 3 funded qualification
- Competitive rates of pay
- Grow your own knowledge in a role that varies every day
- An experienced local consultant to provide advice and support
- A weekly PAYE scheme, including employer pension contributions, subject to minimum requirements.
- Invite to Teacher Socials and events
- Opportunity to secure a permanent contract
If you would like more information, or to discuss the role, please contact Jenny on 01274 085410 / 0113 733 9130 or you can call my mobile on 07535 712776. Please send your CV to me at firstname.lastname@example.org