Connex - Birmingham
We are urgently recruiting a Special Needs Teacher for a role in West Heath, this role is working one to one with a post 16 student who is profoundly deaf. This will be creating engaging lessons and activities focusing on level 1 Functional Skills (Math’s and English) and to aid in the development of communication and interaction difficulties.
As a SEND Teacher, you will be responsible for helping children to achieve their personal goals for communication and movement. Successful applicants will show great imagination and creativity, developing new ways for children to access and engage with the curriculum, regardless of their learning difficulties.
You will be required to:
- Build an excellent rapport with both the pupils and their families
- De-escalate sometimes challenging situations
- Create a calm and positive learning environment
- Assist with the development and implementation of the educational health care plan (EHCP)
- Complete a home tuition report after sessions that outlines progress of the student
Location: West Heath, B31.
Placement Type: Long term / Permanent
Working hours: Hours flexible throughout the week (15 hours per week)
Interview date: ASAP
- QTS, QTLS, DTTLS, PTTLS or equivalent
- BSL trained
- Minimum 6 months experience teaching
- Driving license (Preferred)
- An enhanced DBS on the update service or prepared to apply for a new one
- An outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations
If you are interested, please apply today! Alternatively call Georgia Pemberton on 0121 456 4040 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Connex candidates receive a range of benefits aside from diverse opportunities for experience, including free online training, the support of a dedicated consultant, and a great pro-rata holiday system. If you’re interested in working flexibly in Handsworth as a SEND Teacher, apply with Connex Education today. We’ll be in touch soon with more information about the interviewing process for this position.