Connex - North East
Role –SEMH Teaching Assistant
Location – Middlesbrough
Salary – £350 – £400 per week
Start Date/Duration – ASAP
Are you passionate about providing specialist support and feel confident working with children who have specialist education and emotional needs.
Connex Education are working with schools based in Middlesbrough who are on the lookout for a long-term SEMH Teaching Assistant ideally experienced in 1:1 Support with children who require extra support. The role may require you to work with students within the care home setting as well as within the classroom . You must be stimulating, creative and enjoy working with and building rapport with students who may be used to different educational dynamics.
As an SEMH TA, the schools are looking for someone available 35 hours per week, flexible and reliable with their approach but can also be adaptable to different teaching requirements
Benefits working with Connex:
- Full, FREE training in SEN, safeguarding and other CPD accredited courses – Plus a Level 3 funded qualification
- Competitive rates of pay
- Grow your own knowledge in a role that varies every day
- An experienced local consultant to provide advice and support
- A weekly PAYE scheme, including employer pension contributions, subject to minimum requirements.
- Invite to Teacher Socials and events
- Opportunity to secure a permanent contract
As a SEN Teaching Assistant you will possess:
- Teaching Assistant experience preferably in a primary school or similar environment with young people
- Exposure to SEMH and SEND – desirable
- Awareness and understanding of useful strategies, such as; language/social skills, emotional well-being and behaviour management.
- Dedication to become part of the school team community
- Have a DBS on the update service or be willing to undertake a new check
If you would like more information, or to discuss the role, please contact Michelle on 01642 573 553 and send your CV to email@example.com