Connex - Birmingham
Job Title – Unqualified Teacher
Role: Unqualified Teacher / Cover Supervisor
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Pay: £75 – £100 per day (dependent on experience)
Contract Type: Temporary, Temp to Perm, Full or Part Time
Start Date: ASAP
Connex Education are working in partnership with several great academies across the West Midlands, who are holding opportunities for cover supervisors to join their team on a long-term basis. Most of these posts have the option to become permanent if desired, so this is a great opportunity to secure a long-term position and take that next step in your career within education, starting immediately!
What does the role consist of?
As an Unqualified Teacher/Cover Supervisor, you will be required to support across a range of subjects, providing relief for absent teachers. The role as a cover supervisor is very centred around behaviour management and you will be responsible for keeping students on task and ensuring they complete the work left by the subject specialist teacher. There may be occasions you will be asked to support as a teaching assistant, working alongside the class teacher with smaller groups or 1:1.
The Cover Supervisor role is a great steppingstone for anyone looking to take on a career in education but seeking more insight and experience into the inner workings of the classroom. This role suits people with backgrounds in similar roles such as youth work, coaching, NCS Programme’s, teaching assistant etc.
If you don’t have as much experience but are still keen on the role, still apply! At Connex Education we can support you to upskill without CPD platform, and help you gain a Level 3 award
What do I need to do this role?
• Confidence and the ability to engage with pupils aged 11-16
• Versatile and able to ‘think on your feet’
• Degree educated (in any discipline) – desirable but not essential
• Strong behaviour management skills, support via our CPD platform on this
• Reactive and able to cope well in a stressful situation
• Keen interest in Education
• Able to commit on a long-term basis
What can Connex Education offer you?
• Excellent support from a dedicated consultant
• Guaranteed pay scheme, meaning financial security and payment even if work isn’t available (term time only)
• Great pay rates and weekly pay
• Hands on experience in busy academies
• Regular CPD via our Thirsty Scholars Partnership
• Opportunity to gain a PGCE with QTS via our Teacher Training Partnership
If this sounds like the role for you, then apply with your CV to Tisha.Anowar@connex-education.com or give the office a call for a confidential chat on 0121 456 4040 and ask for Tisha!