Connex - Derby
Looking for a new and exciting opportunity in education? Connex Education is currently recruiting unqualified teachers/cover supervisors to work in various secondary schools in the Ilkeston area.
As a cover supervisor, you will be responsible for delivering planned lessons to students when their teacher is absent. You will receive full online training and provided with all the necessary resources to succeed in your role. The pay ranges from £80 – £100.00 per day, and we offer both full and part-time positions, as well as flexible days per week.
To be considered for this role, you must have a degree qualification or equivalent. Previous experience working with young people and specific subject knowledge is desirable. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in the classroom and develop your skills further. After gaining some experience, there are opportunities for you to take the ‘Advanced cover supervisor training courses.
In addition to competitive pay, we also offer ongoing professional development opportunities and weekly pay. At Connex Education, we are committed to supporting our staff to achieve their career goals and aspirations.
If you are passionate about education and have a desire to make a positive impact on young people’s lives, then we want to hear from you. Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to work in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
What does a Cover Supervisor do:
- Provide support to the teachers and students as directed and ensure that classes are appropriately managed during a teacher absence.
- Be responsible for the delivery of pre-planned cover of lessons.
- To undertake classroom activities as directed by teachers to support teaching and learning process.
- To cover tutor groups as and when needed
- To input data to support Academies policies in Assessment, Recording and Reporting
- To manage the behaviour of pupils to ensure a constructive environment is maintained, by using a range of strategies.
- To respond to student needs as they arise in the classroom.
Who can be a Cover Supervisor:
- Are you an Unqualified Teacher?
- Are you a Tutor?
- Are you a sports Coach?
- Do you train students in Drama and Dance?
- Have you delivered training to adults?
- Do you have a Degree in a specialist subject?
- Are you a scout/Brownies or Guide Leader?
- Do you have the ability to lead?
- Are you a good role model?
Benefits of working with Connex:
- Competitive rates of pay (PAYE weekly)
- Free access to a suit of accredited CPD courses via Connex Academy with over 80 education and wellbeing specific modules
- Flexibility of work options to suit your lifestyle.
- Recommend a friend scheme.
- Invite to teacher socials and get togethers.
What you will need:
- Relevant classroom experience or willingness to learn.
- DBS on the update service or willingness to apply.
- Ability to provide 2 professional references.
- Desire to make a difference and inspire.