Connex - Birmingham
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, SEN Teaching Assistant to join the thriving team of a 2-form entry Primary school based in Holbrook, Coventry on a long-term basis.
Start date: 17th April 2023
End date: July 2023
Contract type: Long term.
We seek to appoint a passionate Teaching Assistant, who has experience of working with children on a 1:1 basis with special educational needs. You will be joining a supportive team at a thriving, mainstream Primary School, who truly invest in their staff and their continued professional development priorities.
The qualifying Teaching Assistant will have strong knowledge and understanding of working with children with social and separation anxieties. Therefore, you must be able to provide a consistent, nurturing environment for your assigned pupil in this role and be able to establish strong relationships.
This is a full-time vacancy, starting after Easter Holidays.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- To work under the guidance of the class teacher to support teaching and learning of your 1:1 pupil.
- To use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the school’s policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
- To promote the inclusion of all pupils ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- To work 1:1 with an allocated student and provide support in all educational areas.
- Evidence of working with challenging behaviour.
- Awareness of safeguarding young people
- High degree of resilience
- Good communication skills
- Team player
We seek to appoint for this position as soon as possible. If this is a role that sounds suitable to you, please apply today or get in touch with our office on 02476 633 334 or email: Jasmine.Grey@connex-education.com.