Connex - Birmingham
Location: Nuneaton, CV11
Contract: full time, fixed term
Start date: April 2023 or Sooner
Salary Grade: L12 – L16
An opportunity has arisen in a vibrant, Secondary, Special Needs School in Nuneaton. Trinity from Connex is working alongside this outstanding school to recruit an exceptional Assistant Headteacher and aspirational leader to join their fantastic team starting April 2023 or sooner for the right candidate.
This school ‘strives for success and continuous improvement, ensuring high quality education for every pupil!’.
What are the key qualities we are looking for?
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Time management
- Passionate, committed, supportive, flexible, and adaptable
- Knowledge of Key Stage 3 National Curriculum
- Qualified Teacher Status, NPQSL qualification or equivalent
- Substantial experience of leadership in a special school
- KS2/3 Transitioning Experience
- Sound knowledge of different SENDs
Main duties and responsibilities:
To provide professional leadership which secures, in consultation with the Governing Board, the success and improvement of the school, ensuring high quality education and care for the pupils so that they are safe and happy at school, enabled to be successful learners and thus achieving high standards. To work closely with therapists and other professionals to ensure the best outcomes for all pupils.
- Curriculum and Phase Lead KS3
- Principal school lead of pupil progress data analysis and procedures
- Total Communication Lead KS3
- Behaviour Coordinator Lead in Secondary Behaviour Support Team
- Attendance lead KS3
- KS2/3 Transition Coordinator
- Coordinator of pupil annual reviews/plans
- Lead designated teacher for CLA (Children who are Looked After)
- Designated Senior Lead within the Secondary School Safeguarding Team
- 0.2 Teaching commitment
- Actively lead on curriculum developments across KS3 and support middle leaders to maximise learning opportunities for all pupils
- Positively contribute to the teaching and learning objectives of the school
- Positively promote differentiation with the aim to ensure the curriculum meets the needs of every pupil who attends the school
- Overview Total Communication KS3
These duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exhaustive nor exclusive as the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grading of the post. You will be required to attend meetings outside of school working hours to support school governance and other school functions.
What are the benefits of working with Connex?
- Full free training in Tutoring, SEN, Safeguarding and much more
- Competitive rates of pay
- Ongoing assignments
- A dedicated consultant to help to after all your needs
- A weekly PAYE scheme, including employer pension contributions, subject to minimum requirements
If you think this opportunity is right for you or you would like to discuss our roles further, please get in touch or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02476 633 334. I look forward to hearing from you!
Connex Education is acting as an employment business and employment agency. All appointments are subject to statutory compliance checks, including references and enhanced DBS. Connex Education recruits solely on the suitability of candidates to the role and does not discriminate in line with the Equality Act 2010.