Connex - Wales
SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHING ASSISTANT REQUIRED –
Connex Education Wales are currently recruiting Behaviour and Learning Support Assistants to work in a number of Secondary Schools across Cardiff. The role will be either 1-1 support or general classroom and will support a range of pupils who have emotional difficulties (EBD). You will need to liaise with class teachers, discuss and implement Individual Education Plans and are happy to work with children with behaviour issues.
Duties will include:
- To assist in the support of children with behavioural needs.
- To assist with resolving the behavioural and emotional needs of children.
- To develop a mutually supportive relationship with teaching staff.
- To be involved in collaborative planning with teaching staff to ensure the effective use of support.
- To advise the teaching staff on the needs of particular students.
- A desire to work with young people who present with challenging behaviour is essential.
This role is 5 days per week, 8.30 – 3.30 and will run from term to term for the right candidate. Starting October 2023
About Connex Education Wales:
We are one of the best-known education recruitment companies in the area formerly known as Education Staffing – working exclusively with a range of fantastic schools. You will have an experienced education consultant who will be available to you 24/7 for any help and advice. We will work closely with you to find out about you and the perfect role.
Benefits of working with Connex:
- Pay rates in line with Welsh Government Framework Agreement.
- Ongoing assignments within your locality.
- Chance to upskill yourself with our fully funded TA qualifications.
- As part of our team, you’ll have a dedicated consultant by your side, offering support, valuable advice, and actively working on your behalf to secure the perfect role tailored to your unique skills and aspirations.
- Refer a friend scheme.
- Full, free CPD training via our sister company Connex Academy with courses in tutoring, SEN, Safeguarding and much more, examples below:
– Advanced Safeguarding, Child Protection & Prevent
– How to be an Amazing Teaching Assistant
– Awareness of Understanding Autism
– Awareness of Effective Behavior Management in the Classroom.
– Awareness of Preventing Bullying in schools.
– Manual Handling.
– Awareness of Mental Health
The following attributes are desirable but not essential to this Teaching Assistant role: –
- Experience of working with children with ALN/SEN previously
- The ability to work with groups of children independently including potential interventions.
- Be enthusiastic and positive.
- The ability to develop strong relationships.
- Able to communicate effectively and sensitively.
You must have the following:
- Registration with the Education Workforce Council (EWC) as a “School Learning Support Worker”
- An Enhanced DBS certificate for Child & Adult’s that’s registered on the update service, or the willingness to apply for a new one through CEW.
- Desire to make a difference.
- Ability to provide 2 professional references or a Character reference from a Professional Person.
If you are interested in the role please apply here, or send your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively, please call your local branch with any questions-
Cardiff – 02922 749839
Swansea- 01792 989030
Carmarthenshire – 01267 611470