Connex - Wales
Connex Education Wales are working in partnership with a school within the Cardiff area, to recruit a Behaviour and Learning Support Assistant to join the team.
In this role you will be working with pupils between the ages of 11 and 16 in a dedicated and supportive team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a passion for heath, well-being and supporting pupils with additional learning needs.
You will have support where appropriate, therefore this is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to develop their skills whilst embarking on a rewarding journey within education.
- Working with small groups or on a 1:1 basis with students who have additional learning needs.
- Collaborating with a dedicated team of practitioners.
- Adapting techniques and approaches to suit individual pupils.
- Monitoring and tracking pupil progress according to IEP.
- Encouraging pupils to take pride in their achievements.
- Creating a positive and supportive learning environment for all pupils.
- Assisting with dealing with real life situations and issues affecting the pupils.
About Connex Education Wales:
We are one of the best-known education recruitment companies in the area formerly known as Education Staffing – working exclusively with a range of fantastic schools. You will have an experienced education consultant who will be available to you 24/7 for any help and advice. We will work closely with you to find out about you and the perfect role.
Connex Education Wales requirements:
- Degree educated or relevant experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage and motivate students.
- Good organisational skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Previous experience working in a similar role is desirable but not essential.
- A willingness to undertake additional training and CPD.
- An Enhanced DBS certificate that is registered on the update service, or the willingness to apply for a new one through CEW.
- Registration with the EWC in the correct category.
- Ability to provide 2 professional references.
Benefits of working with Connex:
- Full, free CPD training via our sister company Connex Academy with courses in tutoring, SEN, Safeguarding and much more.
- Potential to earn up £475.00 per week.
- Ongoing assignments within your locality.
- As part of our team, you will have a dedicated consultant by your side, offering support, valuable advice, and actively working on your behalf to secure the perfect role tailored to your unique skills and aspirations.
- Refer a friend scheme.
If this sounds ideal for you, apply today to speak to our resourcer for more information!
Send over your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, please call us with any questions on 02922 749839.