Connex - Manchester
Connex Education Partnership are currently recruiting for a Careers Adviser to start asap, for a well liked College based in Widnes.
The main purpose of the role is to support their students by providing effective advice during all stages of the HE application process and to assist students into employment and training.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide guidance to students at all stages of the UCAS process
- To support students with applications to prestigious universities and higher degree apprentice
- To support students with applications to schemes that encourage widening participation.
- To support students with applications for student finance
- To deliver Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) services and UCAS Finance. E.g. one to one guidance interviews, group sessions through tutorials, workshops and presentations at parents evening
- To deliver Initial Advice and Guidance (IAG) at college progression events
- To provide guidance to students on internal progression opportunities
- To provide guidance to students on progressing into the workplace.
- To liaise with all schools and appropriate external agencies as required including apprenticeship
- To organise careers and university related trips, visits and guest speakers
- Knowledge of Gatsby guidelines and the Matrix Award is desirable
If this role is for you then please apply immediately – send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks, including a DBS check. All appointments will be made subject to a DBS check. Connex Education Partnership is committed to a policy of equal opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate based on age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Everyone is assessed on merit alone.
Connex Education Partnership is an employment agency and employment business