Connex - Nottingham
Role: Unqualified Teacher / Cover Supervisor
Location: Wisbech (and surrounding areas)
Pay: £75 – £105 per day, with weekly pay
Contract Type: Temporary, Temp to Perm / Full or part time opportunities
Start Date: Immediate Start with Opportunities from September 2023
Have you considered a role within teaching or within an educational setting? If yes, you’ve come to the right place!
Connex Education are working in partnership with a fantastic academy in Wisbech, who have opportunities for cover supervisors to join their team on a long term or short term basis. The roles all have the option to become permanent if desired, so this is a great opportunity to secure a long term post and take that next step in your career within education, starting ASAP.
What does the role consist of?
As an Unqualified Teacher/Cover Supervisor, you will be required to support across a range of subjects, providing relief for absent teachers. The role as a cover supervisor is very centred around behaviour management and you will be responsible for keeping students on task and ensuring they complete the work left by the subject specialist teacher. There may be occasions you will be asked to support as a teaching assistant, working alongside the class teacher with smaller groups or 1:1.
The Cover Supervisor role is a great stepping stone for anyone looking to take on a career in education but seeking more insight and experience into the inner workings of the classroom. This role suits people with backgrounds in similar roles such as youth work, coaching, NCS Programme’s, teaching assistant etc.
If you don’t have as much experience but are still keen on the role, still apply! At Connex Education we can support you to upskill withour CPD platform, and help you gain a Level 3 award
What do I need to do this role?
- Confidence and the ability to engage with pupils aged 11-16
- Versatile and able to ‘think on your feet’
- Degree educated (in any discipline) – desirable but not essential
- Strong behaviour management skills, support via our CPD platform on this
- Reactive and able to cope well in a stressful situation
- Keen interest in Education
- Able to commit on a long term basis, with a group of schools
What can Connex Education offer you?
– Dedicated support from an experienced consultant, with out of hours access
– Great pay rates, with weekly pay via PAYE, no umbrella companies
– Subsidised access to Ofqual accredited CPD training via our very own training provider including further SEND/SEMH training, mental health training, early careers teacher support and more…
– Opportunities to up-skill yourself whilst on placement using our training platform
– Chance to become a qualified teacher, via our Connex Academy and PGCE course
– £200 refer a friend scheme, for every person you refer who registers
– Ability to support our Social Values Scheme, supporting with the Classroom Climate, The Magic Breakfast and more
If this sounds like the role for you then apply with your CV to email@example.com or give the office a call for a confidential chat on 0115 8243002.