Connex - Yorkshire
Connex Education are working in partnership with a number of secondary schools across Leeds who are seeking support from enthusiastic individuals, looking to form a career and experience within schools and educational settings; this role is perfect for anyone with a passion for working with young people.
What does the role consist of?
As a classroom Cover Supervisor, you will be required to support across a range of subjects, providing relief for absent teachers. The role as a classroom Cover Supervisor is very centred around behaviour management and you will be responsible for keeping students on task and ensuring they complete the work left by the subject specialist teacher. There may be occasions you will be asked to support as a teaching assistant, working alongside the class teacher with smaller groups or 1:1.
The role is a great stepping stone for anyone looking to take on a career in education but seeking more insight and experience into the inner workings of the classroom. This role suits people with backgrounds in similar roles such as youth work, coaching, NCS Programme’s, teaching assistant etc.
If you don’t have as much experience but are still keen on the role, still apply! At Connex Education we can support you to up-skill with our CPD platform.
What do I need to do this role?
- Confidence and the ability to engage with pupils at a secondary school age
- Versatile and able to ‘think on your feet’
- Degree educated (in any discipline)
- Strong behaviour management skills, support via our CPD platform on this
- Reactive and able to cope well in a stressful situation
- Keen interest in Education
- Able to commit on a long term basis, with a group of schools
What can Connex Education offer you?
- Excellent support from a dedicated consultant
- Great pay rates and weekly pay
- Hands on experience in busy academies
- Regular CPD via our Thirsty Scholars Partnership
If you are interested, or would like to discuss any other opportunities, please do not hesitate to call the office on 0113 733 9130 or email me at email@example.com with your CV.