Connex - North East
Full time and part time available
Starts available for November and January
Connex Education are experiencing a high demand for cover supervisors to work in schools within Redcar supporting students in the classroom in the absence of a teacher.
To be considered for this role, you must have a degree qualification or equivalent within Maths, Science, History, Humanities or other relevant subjects which are taught within secondary schools . Previous experience working with young people and specific subject knowledge is desirable. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in the classroom and develop your skills further.
If you are passionate about education and have a desire to make a positive impact on young people’s lives, then we want to hear from you. Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to work in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
What does a Cover Supervisor do:
- Provide support to the teachers and students as directed and ensure that classes are appropriately managed during a teacher absence.
- Be responsible for the delivery of pre-planned cover of lessons.
- To undertake classroom activities as directed by teachers to support teaching and learning process.
- To cover tutor groups as and when needed
- To input data to support Academies policies in Assessment, Recording and Reporting
- To manage the behaviour of pupils to ensure a constructive environment is maintained, by using a range of strategies.
- To respond to student needs as they arise in the classroom.
Benefits of working with Connex:
- Competitive rates of pay (PAYE weekly)
- Free access to a suit of accredited CPD courses via Connex Academy with over 80 education and wellbeing specific modules
- Flexibility of work options to suit your lifestyle.
- Recommend a friend scheme.
- Invite to teacher socials and get togethers.
What you will need:
- Relevant classroom experience or willingness to learn.
- DBS on the update service or willingness to apply.
- Ability to provide 2 professional references.
- Desire to make a difference and inspire.
- Ideally drive or live in Redcar