Connex - Nottingham
Here at Connex we have an exciting opportunity for an education support worker/ Teaching Assistant to work within a alternative provision school in Nottingham City Centre
The role is working Monday to Friday from 8.30am until 3.15pm and an early finish on Fridays
The school is school which is expanding and always looking to help people progress with their career, they will also offer training to their employees.
No day is ever the same and this is a great opportunity to have positive impact on a pupils day; very often staff do take do their own activities with the pupil in order to keep the pupil engaged
The role is temp to permanent for the right candidate, the school is asking for someone with strong behaviour management with humour and needs to be confident when dealing with behaviours that challenge.
The school’ is ideally placed for people who use public and does have an Qfsted rating of outstanding.
Benefits of working with Connex Education Partnership:
- Access to The Classroom Partnership and our sister companies, including our Teacher Training Partnership
- Weekly Pay, with pay up to £105 per day (We will match or beat your current pay rate)
- Refer a Friend and receive £200
- Free access to our online CPD training platform The Thirsty Scholars Partnership, offering SEN specific training and more
- Opportunities to develop your career and upskill via our training company and partnership academies
- Temp to permanent opportunities, tailored to your availability
What do you need for this post?
- Good understanding of the autism spectrum
- Good understanding of positive behaviour management
- DBS check on the update service/ willing to do a DBS check
- Good understanding of safeguarding, particularly in schools
- Be confident in working on a 1:1 to basis with a young person
- Be confident in dealing with stressful situations which may include behaviours that challenge.
- Be a good communicator
- Be able to work Monday to Friday
- To have worked with children in some capacity or work with people with learning disabilities, emotional needs or sensory needs.
- Be compassionate and understanding
- Being able to use re-directive techniques
If you are interested in this role then give Scott Barsby a call at our Nottingham branch on 0115 8243002 for a confidential chat or send your CV over to email@example.com