Connex - North East
- Full Time Primary Teaching assistant
- County Durham
- £11.68 Per hour
- Expected hours 8:30am-4:00pm
- Monday – Friday
I am currently on the look out a qualified and experienced teaching assistant for a small county Durham school on a temporary basis with the view to extend. Position is available to start September 2023 and end in June 2024.
The right candidate will be one who is passionate about their role and embraces the schools inclusive and forward thinking believes. As a teaching assistant you will be responsible for helping to create an equal learning environment for children of all needs and abilities and give them the opportunity to gain the most from their primary school experience.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in delivering effective teaching on a one-to-one basis or in small groups
- Providing feedback to teachers and parents
- Covering break/Dinner time supervision
- Helping create a safe and welcoming. Environment for every child.
- Monitor child behaviour.
- Work with SEN Pupils.
- Upholding all schools safeguarding policy
- Adapt to changes in classes and age groups.
The candidate we are looking for will have:
- Minimum level 3 CACHE or equivalent qualification
- Willing to go the extra mile for students and colleagues.
- A passion for education
- Proven track record of working with children from KS1 to KS2
- Excellent team working skills.
- An enhanced and updated DBS (or be willing to obtain one)
At Connex we are dedicated to helping our candidates achieve their goals whatever they maybe. Some of the things we can offer are:
- Weekly pay via PAYE to get you earning with us quicker.
- Free Access to a unique virtual learning Hub which allows you to upskill to-Level 4 or Level 5 Qualifications
- Chance to work with experienced local consultants who offer 1:2:1 support.
- Access to a growing number of schools and placements across the country
- Opportunity to secure a permanent placement.
Candidates really are at the heart of what we do, so whether you are an experienced teaching assistant or looking for your first steps towards a rewarding career in education then Connex wants to hear from you. If you are interested, please apply, and feel free to follow up with Matty on 0191 917 5530.
Suitable candidates will be contacted in due course.