Connex - Yorkshire
At Connex Education, we are currently looking for HLTAs who are dedicated individuals, hardworking and ready to inspire young learners in the Leeds area.
Under the guidance of teaching staff, you will be responsible for activities to support on a one-to-one basis or groups of pupils, including more specialised support for SEND pupils.
You will be responsible for enabling pupils to access learning and assist the teacher with behaviour management in the classroom.
As a qualified HLTA, you will be involved in planning, preparing, and delivering learning activities and you will be able to work with greater freedom and initiative.
In your role as a HLTA, you can be asked to work across all years from reception to year 6.
Beneficial to the role would be additional qualifications of specialising with autism and British Sign Language or Makaton.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of grade C or 4 in English and Maths GCSE
- HLTA qualification
- Classroom experience, both in a supporting and supervising role
- A positive role model
- Ability to build positive relationships
- Clear communicator
Benefits of working with Connex:
• Competitive rates of pay (PAYE weekly)
• Free access to a suit of accredited CPD courses via Thirsty Scholars Platform with over 80 education and wellbeing specific modules
• Flexibility of work options to suit your lifestyle
• Recommend a friend scheme
• Invite to teacher socials and get togethers
What you will need:
• QTS with relevant classroom experience
• DBS on the update service or willingness to apply
• Ability to provide 2 professional references
• Desire to make a difference and inspire
If you are interested or would like further information, please call Roz on 0113 733 9130 and send your CV to email@example.com.