Connex - Birmingham
Connex Education are currently looking to recruit an Unqualified Teacher for a unique teaching role. This is a non-classroom-based teaching role working one to one with a student who has special needs. The student is not in education currently due to waiting on a special educational placement. This will be working either in the student’s home or within a local library, the parent or carer will also be present during the sessions. The learner has an EHCP with a diagnosis of ASD and Global Development Delay.
Adhering to the relevant Education, Health, and Care Plan (previously known as a SEND statement), the successful candidate will need to adapt their teaching style to meet each child’s academic, personal, and social needs. You will be responsible for developing engaging lesson plans and activities for the students, every student will have specific learning needs therefore it is vital you are confident in your ability to deliver 1:1 session while adapting where needed.
You will be required to:
- Build an excellent rapport with both the pupils and their families.
- De-escalate sometimes challenging situations.
- Create a calm and positive learning environment.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP)
- Complete a home tuition report after sessions that outlines progress of the student.
Location: Northfield, B31.
Placement Type: Long term / Permanent
Working hours: Two hours – Five hours per day.
Start date: 5th June 2023.
- Experience working with students who have additional needs.
- Driving license (Preferred).
- Previous tutoring experience.
- Ability to plan engaging lesson plans and have high expectations for students learning.
- Restraint training (Preferred).
- Valid DBS which is ideally on the update service or prepared to apply for a new one.
If you are interested, please apply today! Alternatively call Georgia on 0121 456 4040 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you will be required to virtually interview for this position.
Connex Education recruits solely on the suitability of candidates for the role and does not discriminate in line with the Equality Act 2010.