Connex - North East
Intervention teaching assistant
At Connex Education, Teaching Assistants are recognised as individuals who really do make a difference.
We are currently recruiting to fill a specific position working within a school in Stockton-On-Tees. This role is a long-term position, 5 days per week.
As an intervention teaching assistant you will be working with students to support with reading and literacy to bridge gaps in learning and to support with attainment. You will be working with other members of the inclusion team working with students in both 1-1 and group sessions. The school also require a specialist to support students in numeracy and tuition in maths.
Benefits of working with Connex Education
- Competitive rates of pay through PAYE
- Five Days a week work
Free access to over 100 accredited CPD courses via internal Connex Academy platform e.g –
- Awareness of Mental Health
- Behaviour Management
- Autism Awareness
- Manual Handling
- Developing High Performing Teaching Assistants
- Awareness of Preventing Bullying in Schools
- Advanced Safeguarding, Child Protection and Prevent
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
- Dedicated Account Manager
- Exposure to schools in your area leading to permanent positions
- Opportunity to complete a career pathway in Teaching Assistant qualifications once you start working with us
The following attributes are desirable but not essential to this Teaching Assistant role: –
- The ability to work with groups of children independently including potential interventions
- Enthusiastic and positive
- The ability to develop strong relationships
- Able to communicate effectively and sensitively
- Maths and English educated to degree level
You must have the following:
- Currently hold a DBS which is attached to the update service (or be willing to complete a new DBS through CEW)
- Desire to make a difference
- Ability to provide 2 professional references or a Character reference from a Professional Person.