Connex - Derby
Connex Education is currently seeking a kind and committed Learning Support Assistant on a supply basis, to provide general classroom support and intervention work with individuals and small groups of pupils, within our fantastic primary schools in Swadlincote.
The role will involve working closely with the class teacher to implement educational care plans, in order to best support individuals or groups of children with reaching social, emotional, behavioural and educational needs. The ability to build positive relationships with children is a requirement of this role, and you should be adaptable and versatile to the needs of the students in order to best support them in their educational journey.
The role is very flexible, depending on your circumstances and requirements. You can choose to work part-time or full time, in different schools when required to cover absence, or in a longer-term position in a particular school if this is your preference.
In order to be considered for this role, it is important that you:
- Are a Level 2 or Level 3 qualified Teaching Assistant, or you will have at least 3 months’ classroom experience
- Have relevant and recent classroom experence in EYFS, KS1 or KS2, relevant to your chosen year group
- Have a commitment to supporting all children to reach their full potential
- Are knowledgeable about SEND, and have experience working with SEND children
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with children and colleagues, in order to build relationships quickly.
- Willingness to undergo additional CPD, including safeguarding training
- The ability to provide 2 professional references
- A DBS on the update service, or willing to apply for a new one
In return, Connex Education will offer you:
- Access our online training platform Connex Academy, with over 80 free courses
- Weekly pay at a competitive rate and dependent on experience, via PAYE
- Refer a friend scheme, at £200 per referral
- A dedicated and experienced education consultant, who will be available to you 24/7
- Interview observation guidance, and help writing a good CV.
If you are interested in this position, please apply below or by sending your contact details to email@example.com, and somebody will be in touch very soon. Please call the office on 01332 913 151 with any questions about the role or our other available positions.