Connex - Manchester
Level 2 Teaching Assistant (KS3/KS4)
Long-term supply assignment at a Longsight based Secondary School – ASAP Start
Pay is £75 – £95 per day depending on experience
September Start – Full-time (8.15am – 3.30pm)
Connex Education are a well established recruitment organisation who have been supporting schools across the Greater Manchester region for more that 7 years in their search for committed and outstanding employees.
We’re working with a Secondary School based in the South of Manchester who are in need of confident and outgoing Teaching Assistants who can assist students with SEN and additional learning needs on a 1-1 basis and generally in the classroom.
Skills required to be a Teaching Assistant;
- Level 2 or equivalent
- have an understanding of special needs and how to support those children
- getting the classroom ready for lessons
- helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
- supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- supervising group activities
- looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
- helping with outings and sports events
- taking part in training
- carrying out administrative tasks
- Be available 8.15am – 3.30pm Monday through Friday
Successful candidates will be required to conduct an interview and complete a vetting process which includes an Enhanced Child Workforce DBS, if you do not have one, you can get one through Connex Education at the cost of £45.
If you’re able to support schools in the Manchester area this academic year, please apply or get in touch with our team to discuss this role more.