Connex - Derby
Due to a considerable rise in available roles, Connex Education Partnership is seeking a passionate and dynamic part-time Teaching Assistant to join our growing team of fantastic cover staff in Burton upon Trent.
The ideal candidate for this role would be caring, proactive and adaptable. You will have the skills and enthusiasm necessary to guide and support children with their learning, helping to remove any barriers to their success by offering targeted 1:1 or small group intervention, as well as general assistance within the classroom.
Working for our agency is ideal if you are looking for more flexibility. You can choose to work within one of our many long-term roles, or shorter-term in a variety of local schools to build your experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Level 2 or Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification, or at least 3 months’ experience as a Classroom Assistant
- Relevant and recent classroom experience in EYFS, KS1 or KS2, relevant to your chosen year group
- Kind, patience and enthusiasm, and the ability to work under guidance of the class teacher but also to your own initiative
- A commitment to supporting all children to reach their full potential
- Knowledge of SEND, and experience working with SEND children
- The ability to communicate effectively with children and colleagues, in order to build relationships quickly
- A DBS on the update service, or the willingness to apply for a new one
- The ability to provide us with 2 professional references covering the last 2 years.
In return, Connex Education will offer you:
- Access our online training platform Connex Academy, with over 80 free courses
- Weekly pay at a competitive rate and dependent on experience, via PAYE
- Refer a friend scheme, at £200 per referral
- A dedicated and experienced education consultant, who will be available to you 24/7
- Interview observation guidance, and help writing a good CV.
If you are interested in this position, please apply below or by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call the office on 01332 913 151 with any questions about the role.