Connex - Derby
Connex Education is currently seeking a kind and committed part-time Teaching Assistant to provide general classroom support and intervention work with individuals and small groups of pupils, within our fantastic primary schools in Swadlincote.
Our agency is completely flexible to your needs, so you can choose to work in immediate day-to-day positions, or within on of our available long-term roles within one local school. We have a number of roles available in positions within EYFS, KS1 and KS2 to suit your own preference.
Teaching assistants play a critical role in managing pupil behaviour and you will be working with small groups or in one-to-one sessions with individual pupils. The ability to build positive relationships with children is a requirement of the role, and you should be adaptable and versatile to the needs of the students in order to best support them in their educational journey.
In order to be considered for this role, it is important that you:
- Are a Level 2 or Level 3 qualified Teaching Assistant, or you should have at least 3 months’ classroom experience
- Have a commitment to supporting all children to reach their full potential
- Are knowledgeable about SEND, and have experience working with SEND children
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with children and colleagues, in order to build relationships quickly.
- Willingness to undergo additional CPD, including safeguarding training
- The ability to provide 2 professional references
- A DBS on the update service, or willing to apply for a new one
In return, Connex Education will offer you:
- Access our online training platform Connex Academy, with over 80 free courses
- Weekly pay at a competitive rate and dependent on experience, via PAYE
- Refer a friend scheme, at £200 per referral
- A dedicated and experienced education consultant, who will be available to you 24/7
- Interview observation guidance, and help writing a good CV.
If you are interested in this position, please apply below or by sending your contact details to email@example.com, and somebody will be in touch very soon. Please call the office on 01332 913 151 with any questions about the role or our other available positions.