Connex - North East
- Part time Teaching assistant
- 24 Hours Per week
- Newton Aycliffe
- £11.68 Per hour
Connex are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate Level 3 or above Teaching assistant to join the fantastic staff at a Newton Aycliffe school as of September 2023.
The school in question has strong links to the local community and encourages its staff and children to contribute positively to it wherever possible. They also value allowing children to take an interest in the wider world and nurture them through various changes they may face in their early lives.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in delivering effective teaching on a one-to-one basis or in small groups
- Help the class teacher to maintain a clean and tidy learning space.
- Providing feedback to teachers and parents
- Covering break/Dinner time supervision
- Helping create a safe and welcoming. Environment for every child.
- Monitor child behaviour.
- Plan and oversee activities for pupils based on individual abilities and needs.
- Work with both SEN and gifted and talented pupils.
- Following and contributing to the schools safeguarding policy
The candidate we are looking for will have:
- Minimum level 3 CACHE or equivalent qualification
- Willing to go the extra mile for students and colleagues.
- A passion for education
- Experience of working with children either KS1 or KS2
- Interest in progression in the education sector
- Good team working skills.
- An enhanced and updated DBS (or be willing to obtain one)
At Connex we are dedicated to helping our candidates achieve their goals whatever they maybe. Some of the things we can offer are:
- Weekly pay via PAYE to get you earning with us quicker.
- Free Access to a unique virtual learning Hub which allows you to upskill to-Level 4 or Level 5 Qualifications
- Chance to work with experienced local consultants who offer 1:2:1 support.
- Access to a growing number of schools and placements across the country
- Opportunity to secure a permanent placement.
Candidates really are at the heart of what we do, so whether you are an experienced teaching assistant or looking for your first steps towards a rewarding career in education then Connex wants to hear from you. If you are interested, please apply, and feel free to follow up with Matty on 01642573553.
Suitable candidates will be contacted in due course.