Connex - North East
Primary Teaching Assistant – Middlesbrough
£400 minimum weekly salary
A large mainstream primary school based in Middlesbrough are recruiting an enthusiastic primary school teaching assistant who can provide cover working with the schools Special Educational Needs Provision and prioritise the well-being of the pupils they work with. The role involves working with students in EYFS & KS1 assisting the teacher with general support, as well as 1:1 support with children within the class room who may have further complex additional needs.
You must be committed to work 4-5 days per week and be able to work between the hours of 8:30am and 3:30pm. This is a long term role with the opportunity to secure a permanent contract if suitable.
We are looking for someone who has had working experience in a similar environment helping young children who may have lower levels of development or additional needs however this is not a requirement as training can be provided. Newly Qualified Teaching Assistants will also be considered for the post, however a Qualification is not a necessity as Connex can provide fully funded qualifications for those eligible.
Benefits working with Connex:
- Full, FREE training in safeguarding and other CPD accredited courses
- Grow your own knowledge in a role that varies every day
- An experienced local consultant to provide advice and support
- A weekly PAYE scheme
- Invite to Teacher Socials and events with your local Connex Education Partnership Branch
- Opportunity to secure a permanent contract
As a Teaching Assistant you will possess:
- Teaching experience preferably in a primary school or similar environment with young people aged 5-11
- Awareness and understanding of the National Curriculum
- Dedication to become part of the school team community
- Have a DBS on the update service or be willing to undertake a new check
If you would like more information, or to discuss the role, please contact Chloe on 01642 573 553 and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org