Connex - Wales
Longterm Teaching Assistant Role
Connex Education Wales are currently seeking an enthusiastic and energetic Level 2 quallified Primary Teaching Assistant for a long-term position in a Foundation Phase in a school in Llanrumney, Cardiff.
The role is a general support classroom based position.
This role is to start ASAP and is ongoing 5 days per week, 8.30 – 3.30.
Benefits of working with Connex Education Wales:
- Competitive rates of pay, up to £375.00 per week
- Five Days a week work (PAYE) or less depending on your availability
- Free access to over 80 accredited CPD courses via internal CPD platform e.g –
- Awareness of Mental Health
- Behaviour Management
- Autism Awareness
- Manual Handling
- Developing High Performing Teaching Assistants
- Awareness of Preventing Bullying in Schools
- Advanced Safeguarding, Child Protection and Prevent
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Dedicated Account Manager
- Opportunity to complete a Level3 Teaching Assistant qualification free of charge
The following attributes are desirable but not essential to this Teaching Assistant role: –
- Experience of working with children previously
- The ability to work with groups of children independently including potential interventions
- Confident with supporting challenging behaviour if needed
You must have the following:
- Registration with the Education Workforce Council (EWC) as a “School Learning Support Worker”
- Currently hold a DBS which is attached to the update service (or be willing to complete a new DBS through Education Staffing Partnership)
- Desire to make a difference
- Ability to provide 2 professional references or a Character reference from a Professional Person.