Connex - North East
Do you have experience working with students on a pastoral basis?
Do you have prior experience within a school environment?
Connex Education are working with a school based in Middlesbrough who are looking for a School Attendance Officer .
This role is due to start either ASAP or from January and will be on a long term basis with the potential to lead to permanent employment.
You will be supporting students and parents/carers on a pastoral basis, working with students to improve attendance and discuss reasons for absence. You will need to have empathy and a kind and nurturing nature for this role; so that you can build relationships with students and parents/carers to better understand absence and support students to improve attendance levels and raise attainment by attendance.
– Prior experience within a similar role/or with transferabble skills
– Able to communicate effectively with young people
– Dedicated to providing an empathic and understading service to students, parents and carers
– Interested in a long term post, with the possibility of a permanent role
– Able to work well with members of senior leadership team
In return Connex Education will offer you:
– Dedicated support from an experienced consultant
– Great pay rates, with weekly pay via PAYE
– Access to accredited CPD training via our very own training provider
– Opportunities to up-skill yourself whilst on placement
– £200 refer a friend scheme