Connex - Birmingham
What should you do when no one laughs at your science jokes? Keep trying until you get a ‘reaction’.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of a Science Teacher on a long-term basis, until the end of the academic year. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced teacher to join a successful team who wish to share their love of Science and Teaching with a new member of staff!
Our client school’s values are based on the highest aspirations and expectations, characterised by evidence-based teaching, and learning leading to the best outcomes for all pupils both academically and socially. At the heart of the school is a curriculum that develops resilient and confident pupils with high self esteem and a thirst for learning that extends beyond the classroom.
The successful candidate will be joining a fantastic Science department and will have the chance to continue to develop professionally in a well led and supportive environment.
You will be required to:
- Plan, deliver and teach KS3 and KS4
- Work with the Head of Department to deliver the curriculum
- Keep appropriate records of students’ work, progress, and achievements
- Set high standards of teaching and acting as a positive role model for students
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Qualified Teacher Status or QTLS
- A positive (like a proton) attitude
- The ability to inspire and motivate students
- High expectations for the development and learning of students
What Connex Education will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- A weekly PAYE scheme, including employer pension contributions (subject to minimum requirements)
- Access to our fully accredited CPD platform – Thirsty Scholars
- A passionate consultant on hand to provide support
If you are interested in this dynamic role of a KS3 Science Teacher, please contact me on 0121 456 4040 or email me your CV at Tisha.Anowar@connex-education.com