Connex - Yorkshire
This is an incredibly exciting point to join a secondary school who’s strong culture creates a positive working environment, that is located just 15 minutes from both Leeds and Bradford, as a As Second in Charge of Science.
As Second in Charge of Science you will provide professional leadership and management of all staff delivering Science.
To lead, manage and review the vocational curriculum delivered by departmental colleagues in order to secure high quality teaching, effective assessment, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and achievement.
All middle leaders are expected to lead by example, both in terms of their leadership and management role and also in the classroom, teaching effectively, securing high quality outcomes, and promoting excellent standards of behaviour and discipline. They are also expected to:
- Contribute to the monitoring of the quality of teaching and student development
- Develop positive community links to enhance teaching and learning and student personal development
- Liaise with appropriate colleagues to ensure that the individual needs of students are identified and met
- Promote an inclusive environment and support the development of strategies to improve attendance
Start date: September 2023
Hours: Full time
What will Connex Education Partnership offer you?
– Full, free CPD training in tutoring, SEN, Safeguarding and much more
– Competitive rates of pay
– Ongoing assignments
– A dedicated consultant to help you throughout
– A weekly PAYE scheme, including employer pension contributions, subject to minimum requirements.
As a successful candidate you will possess:
– QTS or equivalent, and have recent experience in teaching and/or management staff delivering Science.
– Good knowledge of the national curriculum
– Be able to explain key concepts fluently and accurately
– The ability to work to the school’s spirit of their vision and values and role-modelling exceptional professional behaviours and provide constructive and effective feedback
– Good time management
If you are interested in this role, or would like to discuss any other opportunities, please do not hesitate to call the office on 01274 085410 or email me at email@example.com with your CV.