Connex - North East
Secondary cover supervisor
Day to day, short term work
Part time and full time available (3-5 days)
Starts available for immediate starts and also June, July and September
Are you looking to pursue a career within education? Yes? Then this is the post for you!
At Connex Education Partnership , Cover Supervisors are recognised as individuals who really do make a difference; and we want to ensure you gain all the support possible on your education career path.
We are working with a large academy based in Stockton-On-Tees who are looking for dedicated support on a part time or full time basis.
What does a Cover Supervisor do?
· Provide support to the teachers and students as directed and ensure that classes are appropriately managed during a teacher absence.
· Be responsible for the delivery of pre-planned cover of lessons
· To undertake classroom activities as directed by teachers to support teaching and learning process
· To cover tutor groups as and when needed
· To input data to support Academies policies in Assessment, Recording and Reporting
· To manage the behaviour of pupils to ensure a constructive environment is maintained, by using a range of strategies
· To respond to student needs as they arise in the classroom
Who can be a Cover Supervisor:
· Are you an Unqualified Teacher?
· Are you a Tutor?
· Are you a sports Coach?
· Do you train students in Drama and Dance or similar?
· Have you delivered training to adults?
· Do you have a Degree in a specialist subject?
· Are you a scout/Brownies or Guide Leader or have helped with the NCS programme?
· Do you have the ability to lead?
· Are you a good role model?
Benefits of working with Connex:
· Competitive rates of pay up to £100 per day (PAYE weekly)
· Free access to a suite of accredited CPD courses via Connex Academy with over 80 education and wellbeing specific modules worth £2,000
· Flexibility of work options to suit your lifestyle
· Recommend a friend scheme
· Invite to teacher socials and get togethers – we are a family after all!
What you will need:
· Relevant classroom experience or willingness to learn and complete appropriate CPD
· DBS on the update service or willingness to apply
· Ability to provide suitable references
· Desire to make a difference and inspire To express interest
For more information on our roles within secondary schools please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01642 573 553