Connex - North East
Secondary Maths Tutor
Redcar & Cleveland
£25 – £30 per hour
As an approved National Tutoring Programme Tuition Partner, Connex Education Partnership is currently recruiting for a Maths Tutor to work on a face to face basis, 5 days per week. You will be working 5.5 hours per day supporting with small group tuition across both KS3 and 4. This role is due to commence in January.
Tutoring plays a vital role in allowing children to “catch up” and bridges the gap created by recent school closures. This role is open to anyone with experience in KS3 & KS4 Maths and holds QTS. Completion of our mandatory tutoring training is required before starting work. This is an exciting role for any teacher looking to make a difference to a young persons life and see the impact tutoring can have on a child.
As a successful tutor you will possess:
- QTS or equivalent, and have recent experience in teaching and/or tutoring
- Good knowledge of the English national curriculum
- Be able to explain key concepts fluently and accurately
- Be prepared to tutor face to face
- The ability to work to the school’s scheme of work and provide constructive and effective feedback
- Good time management to fully utilise the sessions.
In return, Connex Education Partnership will offer you:
- Full, free training in tutoring, SEN, safeguarding and much more
- Competitive rates of pay
- Ongoing assignments
- A dedicated consultant to help you throughout
- A weekly PAYE scheme, including employer pension contributions, subject to minimum requirements.