Connex - North East
£30 per hour
Connex Education Partnership is currently working with a large secondary school in Darlington, who we are recruiting qualified secondary teachers for, to work as specialist tutors as part of the National Tutoring Programme. You can work either on a full time or part-time basis, working 1-1 and in small groups and with a variety of different children.
Subjects that are required are Maths, English, Science, Humanities & French.
Tutoring plays a vital role in allowing children to “catch up” and bridges the gap created by school closures and lost learning through COVID. These positions are open to anyone with experience in Secondary schools and holds QTS. Completion of our mandatory tutoring training is provided free of charge and is required before starting work.
This is an exciting role for any teacher looking to make a difference to a child’s life and see the impact 1-1 or small group tutoring can have on a child.
As a successful teacher you will possess:
- QTS or equivalent, and have recent experience in teaching and/or tutoring
- Good knowledge of the KS3 or KS4 curriculum
- Be able to explain key concepts fluently and accurately
- Be prepared to tutor face to face
- The ability to work to the school’s scheme of work and provide constructive and effective feedback from student baselines
- Good time management to fully utilise the sessions
In return, Connex Education Partnership will offer you:
- Excellent rates of pay & hours to suit your requirements
- Full, free training in tutoring, SEN, safeguarding and much more
- Ongoing assignments once the initial tuition block finishes
- Quality assurance and support throughout all assignments
- A dedicated consultant to help you throughout
- A weekly PAYE scheme, including employer pension contributions, subject to minimum requirements
- Termly candidate socials
Connex are the number 1 tuition company in the North East and we would love to help you find work. Don’t take our word for it. This is what others had to say about us:
“Staffs are so friendly, helpful and efficient to work with Connex Team. Best company I ever worked with. Excellent experience.”
“I have been very impressed with the professionalism of Connex right through from my initial enquiries, to the registration process and organising my first placement. Having dealt with other agencies in the past, Connex is far superior”
“Amazing agency. The best I’ve worked with! I had the exact work I was looking for within a week and the staff are all so friendly and helpful. I can’t recommend Connex Education enough!”
If you are interested in working as part of the National Tuition Programme across Teesside or would like to discuss any other opportunities, please apply now.