Connex - Yorkshire
Are you passionate about providing specialist support and feel confident working with children who have specialist education and emotional needs?
Connex Education are working with a fabulous school in Bradford who are on the looking for a full time Learning Support Assistant, experienced in working with children with autism and ADHD.
The role involves working with a child in Y4, who requires support on a daily basis. You must be proactive and flexible, have a flare for creativity and enjoy working with and building rapport with students who may be used to different educational dynamics.
This is a full time role, working Monday to Friday to start as soon as possible and will continue on a long term basis until the end of the academic year.
As a successful Learning Support Assistant, you will:
- Provide one-to-one support and supervision within the classroom, in a calm and constant manner
- Encourage learners to excel and reach their full academic potential
- Awareness and understanding of useful strategies, such as; language/social skills, emotional well-being and behaviour management.
- Support learners with their literacy and numeracy development
- Whilst following the planning put in place, also be able to work flexibly, using your own initiative
- Dedication to become part of the school team community
- Have a DBS on the update service or be willing to undertake a new check
Benefits working with Connex:
- Full, FREE training in SEN, safeguarding and other CPD accredited courses – Plus a Level 3 funded qualification
- Competitive rates of pay
- Grow your own knowledge in a role that varies every day
- An experienced local consultant to provide advice and support
- A weekly PAYE scheme, including employer pension contributions, subject to minimum requirements.
- Invite to Teacher Socials and events
- Opportunity to secure a permanent contract
If you would like more information, or to discuss the role, please contact Jenny on 01274 085410 / 0113 733 9130 or you can call my mobile on 07535 712776. Please send your CV to me at email@example.com