Connex - Wales
Are you positive, welcoming and have a can-do attitude? Can you work with children and young adults, ensuring that their educational needs are met so that they can flourish as individuals?
We are currently recruiting to fill a specific position working within an SEN School in The Vale of Glamorgan. This role is a long-term position, 5 days per week. With a range of disabilities within the school such as Autism (ASD) and Social & Emotional Behaviour Difficulties (SEBD & EBD), you will be required to have a flexible approach and can work with all ages from 3-19 years old. The hours of the role are 08.30am – 3.30pm.
About Connex Education Wales:
We are one of the best-known education recruitment companies in the area formerly known as Education Staffing – working exclusively with a range of fantastic schools. You will have an experienced education consultant who will be available to you 24/7 for any help and advice. We will work closely with you to find out about you and the perfect role.
Benefits of working with Connex:
- Pay rates in line with Welsh Government Framework Agreement.
- Ongoing assignments within your locality.
- Chance to upskill yourself with our fully funded TA qualifications.
- As part of our team, you’ll have a dedicated consultant by your side, offering support, valuable advice, and actively working on your behalf to secure the perfect role tailored to your unique skills and aspirations.
- Refer a friend scheme.
- Full, free CPD training via our sister company Connex Academy with courses in tutoring, SEN, Safeguarding and much more, examples below:
– Advanced Safeguarding, Child Protection & Prevent
– How to be an Amazing Teaching Assistant
– Awareness of Understanding Autism
– Awareness of Effective Behaviour Management in the Classroom.
– Awareness of Preventing Bullying in schools.
– Manual Handling.
– Awareness of Mental Health.
The following attributes are desirable but not essential to this Teaching Assistant role: –
- Experience of working with children with ALN/SEN previously
- The ability to work with groups of children independently including potential interventions.
- Be enthusiastic and positive.
- The ability to develop strong relationships.
- Able to communicate effectively and sensitively.
You must have the following:
- Registration with the Education Workforce Council (EWC) as a “School Learning Support Worker”
- An Enhanced DBS certificate for Child & Adult’s that’s registered on the update service, or the willingness to apply for a new one through CEW.
- Desire to make a difference.
- Ability to provide 2 professional references or a Character reference from a Professional Person.
If you are interested in the role please apply here, or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please call the office with your questions on 02922 749839