Connex - Wales
Would you like to work with an agency who truly acknowledge and value the contribution to the educational journey of children made by support staff?
At Connex Education Wales, Teaching Assistants are recognised as individuals who really do make a difference.
We are currently recruiting to fill a specific position working within a SEN School in the Vale of Glamorgan. This role is a longterm position, 5 days per week.
With a range of disabilities within the school such as Autism (ASD) and Social & Emotional Behaviour Difficulties (SEBD & EBD), you will be required to have a flexible approach and have the ability to work with all ages from 3-19 years old.
The hours of the role are 08.30am – 3.30pm
Benefits of working with Education Staffing Partnership:
- Competitive rates of pay, up to £400.00 per week
- Five Days a week work (PAYE) or less depending on your availability
- Free access to over 80 accredited CPD courses via internal CPD platform e.g –
- Awareness of Mental Health
- Behaviour Management
- Autism Awareness
- Manual Handling
- Developing High Performing Teaching Assistants
- Awareness of Preventing Bullying in Schools
- Advanced Safeguarding, Child Protection and Prevent
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Dedicated Account Manager
- Exposure to schools in your area leading to permanent positions
- Opportunity to complete a Level3 Teaching Assistant qualification free of charge
The following attributes are desirable but not essential to this Teaching Assistant role: –
- Experience of working with children with ALN/SEN previously
- The ability to work with groups of children independently including potential interventions
- Enthusiastic and positive
- The ability to develop strong relationships
- Able to communicate effectively and sensitively
You must have the following:
- Registration with the Education Workforce Council (EWC) as a “School Learning Support Worker”
- Currently hold a DBS which is attached to the update service (or be willing to complete a new DBS through Education Staffing Partnership)
- Desire to make a difference
- Ability to provide 2 professional references or a Character reference from a Professional Person.