Connex - Wales
If you are ready to embark on a rewarding journey as an SEN Teaching Assistant and become an essential part of the development of the children and young adults, we encourage you to reach out to us.
We are currently recruiting to fill a specific position working within an SEN School in The Vale of Glamorgan. This role is a long-term position, 5 days per week. With a range of disabilities within the school such as Autism (ASD) and Social & Emotional Behaviour Difficulties (SEBD & EBD), you will be required to have a flexible approach and can work with all ages from 3-19 years old. The hours of the role are 08.30am – 3.30pm.
About Connex Education Wales:
We are one of the best-known education recruitment companies in the area formerly known as Education Staffing – working exclusively with a range of fantastic schools. You will have an experienced education consultant who will be available to you 24/7 for any help and advice. We will work closely with you to find out about you and the perfect role.
Benefits of working with Connex:
- Pay rates in line with Welsh Government Framework Agreement.
- Ongoing assignments within your locality.
- Chance to upskill yourself with our fully funded TA qualifications.
- As part of our team, you’ll have a dedicated consultant by your side, offering support, valuable advice, and actively working on your behalf to secure the perfect role tailored to your unique skills and aspirations.
- Refer a friend scheme.
- Full, free CPD training via our sister company Connex Academy with courses in tutoring, SEN, Safeguarding and much more, examples below:
– Advanced Safeguarding, Child Protection & Prevent
– How to be an Amazing Teaching Assistant
– Awareness of Understanding Autism
– Awareness of Effective Behaviour Management in the Classroom.
– Awareness of Preventing Bullying in schools.
– Manual Handling.
– Awareness of Mental Health.
The following attributes are desirable but not essential to this Teaching Assistant role: –
- Experience of working with children with ALN/SEN previously
- The ability to work with groups of children independently including potential interventions.
- Be enthusiastic and positive.
- The ability to develop strong relationships.
- Able to communicate effectively and sensitively.
You must have the following:
- Registration with the Education Workforce Council (EWC) as a “School Learning Support Worker”
- An Enhanced DBS certificate for Child & Adult’s that is registered on the update service, or the willingness to apply for a new one through CEW.
- Desire to make a difference.
- Ability to provide 2 professional references or a Character reference from a Professional Person.
- If you are interested in the role please apply here, or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please call the office with your questions on 02922 749839