Connex - Manchester
SEN Teaching Assistant (KS3/KS4)
Long-term supply assignment at a Gorton based Secondary School
Daily supply rate of £80 – £90 per day
To commence ASAP – Full Time Monday – Friday
Connex Education are a well established recruitment organisation who have been supporting schools across the Greater Manchester region for more that 7 years in their search for committed and outstanding employees.
We’re working with a Secondary School based in Gorton, Manchester who are in need of confident and outgoing Teaching Assistants who can assist students with SEN and additional learning needs on a 1-1 basis and generally in the classroom. They have a large SEN provision onsite with specialist teaching staff and support staff who work with students who need additional care throughout the school day. They’re looking for TAs who can assist in Literacy & Numeracy tuition; in-class support; small group work; one-to-one support and in-class assistance.
They offer a supportive, nurturing environment where they hope students can build confidence and self-esteem across KS2-KS4 curriculums. Students can access the provision on a full-time, part-time basis for however long they need.
You’ll be required for 8.15 am – 3.30 pm, they have great car parking. The placement is full-time and will be for a minimum of one term commencing ASAP.
Skills required to be an SEN Teaching Assistant;
- Level 2 or equivalent
- have an understanding of special needs and how to support those children
- getting the classroom ready for lessons
- helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
- supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- supervising group activities
- looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
- helping with outings and sports events
- taking part in training
- carrying out administrative tasks
- Be available 8.30am – 3.30pm Monday through Friday
Successful candidates will be required to conduct an interview and complete a vetting process which includes an Enhanced Child Workforce DBS, if you do not have one, you can get one through Connex Education at the cost of £45.
If you’re able to support schools in the Manchester area this academic year, please apply or get in touch with our team to discuss this role more.