Connex - Birmingham
Connex Education are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced SENCO to join a primary school in Smethwick. The school prides itself on the high quality and care of education it provides for students and is looking for a suitably qualified individual to join their team. This role is up until May half term initially, but may be extended further for the right candidate.
The role is a combination of being classroom based with responsibility to manage the SEND requirements of pupils within the school, including ADHD, autism and communication difficulties. The school is looking for an experienced practitioner who takes a child-centred approach to write and manage EHCPs, observing children in class and providing feedback and support to families.
To apply for this role, you will need:-
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Have a SENCO qualification or considerable relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice
- A child-centred approach with experience of supporting SEMH needs
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to connect with students and families to make a positive and lasting difference
- A DBS on the Update Service (we can support with this)
What can we offer?
ü Free access to accredited CPD – ideal to refresh and gain further knowledge in the education sector
ü Ongoing support from a dedicated team, in a company that has over 20 years of experience in the education recruitment sector
ü Recommend a friend Scheme – £200 of vouchers could be you
To register your interest in this role, please call Rebecca on 0121 456 4040 or apply now.