Connex - Birmingham
Connex Education currently has an exciting role available for a Qualified Teacher to begin in September 2023 (ASAP). This role will involve working closely with a KS3 student who has profound and physical needs. The student has a diagnosis of cerebral palsy and Spina Bifida and has previously attended a specialist school environment. The student requires a sensory based tuition program within their home, this will be until a suitable school placement is secured.
Adhering to the relevant Education, Health and Care Plan (previously known as a SEND statement), the successful candidate will need to adapt their teaching style to meet each child’s academic, personal, and social needs. You will be responsible for developing engaging lesson plans and activities for the students, every student will have specific learning needs therefore it is vital you are confident in your ability to deliver 1:1 session while adapting where needed.
You will be required to:
- Build an excellent rapport with both the pupils and their families
- De-escalate sometimes challenging situations
- Create a calm and positive learning environment
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP)
- Complete a home tuition report after sessions that outlines progress of the student
Location: Sutton Coldfield
Placement Type: Long term / Permanent
Working hours: Three hours per day (full time options available)
Start date: September 2023.
- QTS or equivalent
- Experience working with students who have additional needs
- Driving license (Preferred)
- Ability to plan engaging lesson plans and have high expectations for students learning
- Restraint training (Preferred)
- Valid DBS which is ideally on the update service or prepared to apply for a new one
I have worked as a tutor with Connex for two years and it has been a very rewarding experience. There is good support from my personal consultant, Georgia, policies and procedures are straightforward and not too much admin to get up and running. I have had a steady stream of students, some long-term. The one-to-one relationship with pupils in alternative provision is a really effective way to meet learners’ needs and it is enjoyable seeing students’ confidence grow. – Eve J – Connex Education Tutor.
If you are interested, please apply today! Alternatively call Georgia on 0121 456 4040 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you will be required to virtually interview for this position.
Connex Education recruits solely on the suitability of candidates to the role and does not discriminate in line with the Equality Act 2010.