Connex - Derby
Due to an increase in positions, Connex Education are seeking a committed and passionate Teaching Assistant to work directly with SEND children in mainstream schools in Burton-upon-Trent, Swadlincote and the surrounding area. The role will be varied, with some 1:1 work as well as intervention support with small groups.
The role is very flexible, depending on your circumstances and requirements. You can choose to work part-time or full time, in different schools when required to cover absence, or in longer-term positions in a particular school if this is your preference.
The ability to build positive relationships with children is a requirement of this role, and you should be adaptable and versatile to the needs of the students in order to best support them in their educational journey.
As a successful Teaching Assistant you will possess:
- Experience working within a primary school environment.
- Good time management
- A calm and resilient attitude, and the ability to communicate well with young people
- Confidence in your behaviour management skills
- You must have a current DBS subscribed to the update service or be willing to apply for a new one.
In return, we will offer you:
- Full, FREE access to our training suite of over 50 CPD courses and fully funded qualifications
- Competitive rates of pay
- Ongoing assignments in single or multiple local schools
- An experienced local consultant to provide advice and support
- A weekly PAYE scheme, including employer pension contributions, subject to minimum requirements.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, apply directly below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the position, please contact the Derby office on 01332 913 151.