Connex - Derby
Due to a rise in available roles, Connex Education Partnership is seeking motivated and enthusiastic primary Teaching Assistants to work both 1:1 and with small intervention groups of children. Within this rewarding role, you will offer your assistance in order to enable students with additional needs to reach their social, emotional and learning targets, within a mainstream classroom environment.
We have so many roles for you to choose from that we can cater to your exact preferences. It may be a part-time or full-time position that you would like, within a specific age range or set area. You may prefer a long-term role within one school, or a shorter-term role on an ad-hoc, day-to-day basis within a number of our fantastic schools. Whatever type of position you are after, we can find it for you!
As the ideal candidate for this role, you will have an understanding of the best ways children learn and make progress. You will know of a variety of teaching and support strategies, in order to bridge gaps and remove barriers to success, so that young learners can make the best possible progress.
For this position, it is essential that you also have the following:
- The ability to work under guidance of the class teacher but also to your own initiative
- A commitment to supporting all children to reach their full potential
- Knowledge of SEND, or experience working with SEND children
- A willingness to undertake additional training and CPD
- A DBS on the update service, or be willing to apply for a new one
- 2 professional references.
In return, Connex Education will offer you:
- Access our online training platform Thirsty Scholars, with over 80 free courses
- Weekly pay at a competitive rate and dependent on experience, via PAYE
- Refer a friend scheme, at £200 per referral
- A dedicated and experienced education consultant, who will be available to you 24/7
- Interview observation guidance, and help writing a good CV.
If you are interested in this position, please apply below or by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the role, please call 01332 913 151.