Connex - Derby
Do you love working with children, and long to make a difference to the lives of those with additional needs?
Connex Education Partnership is currently seeking a kind and committed primary Teaching Assistant in order to help provide SEND children with better access the primary curriculum. We have an increasing number of short-term and long-term roles available in primary schools across Swadlincote and the surrounding area.
Within this role, you will supervise and provide targeted support for individuals or groups of children with special needs. With guidance from the teacher, you will use specialised learning strategies and promote good behaviour in order to enable select students to meet social, emotional and learning goals.
Working for us is perfect if you are looking for more flexibility and a better work-life balance. You can be as busy as you want to with our agency, because you are able to work the days you’d like to, within the age groups that you like the best. You may also choose to work in different schools to build your experience, or decide that a longer term role in one school suits you better. Whatever you are looking for, we can find it for you!
As a successful teaching assistant, you will possess:
- A Teaching Assistant qualification, such as Level 2 or Level 3 CACHE, or 3 months’ experience in a classroom environment
- Experience working with SEND children, or a willingness to undertake additional training
- Ability to work to the guidance of the class teacher and also to your own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with children and parents
- The ability to implement a range of Teaching and Learning strategies.
- Current DBS on the update service, or willing to apply for another
- Willing to undertake mandatory safeguarding training
- Ability to provide 2 professional references.
In return, Connex can offer you:
- Full, FREE access to our training suite of over 50 CPD courses and fully funded qualifications
- Competitive rates of pay
- Ongoing assignments in single or multiple local schools
- An experienced local consultant to provide advice and support
- A weekly PAYE scheme, including employer pension contributions, subject to minimum requirements.